BSA Air Rifle

A classic BSA 0.177 improved model D air rifle made between Dec 1913 and Sept 1914 and despatched from the factory between Dec 1913 and May 1917.

Serial No. S75832, PAT No. 30338-10

The S in the serial number indicates the action is fitted with a double sear trigger

The BSA stock is, I’m told, a later stock from the 1930’s due to the BSA logo being in the chequering and the rear sight is not original (probably from an Airsporter or Cadet), but it will be original if I can find a No.10 rear sight for it.

My thanks go to the BSA Owners club and the AirgunBBS forums for their help with this rifle.

This entry was posted in PhotosbyKev and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to BSA Air Rifle

1. chris says:

I have an old gun from my grandfather was tryiny to find info on it. little research found it to be a bsa,but cant find any info on the model number
    52073
    2 that is how it is stamped behind trigger guard. only other number is the patent # 8246/06. any help would be appreciated.

2. Chris Korakianitis says:

Hello I have BSA rifle it has a S78 only stamped on it, it has all the same futures as photos by Kev posted Dec. 14 2008 except the screw on the trigger guard, the stock has a chip out of it any place I can get a replacement stock for it, I don’t know the cal. or vintage year on the rilfe. Kind regards Chris Korakianitis London Ontario Canada.

3. PETER SMIT says:

good day i have two BSA air rifles and need to know how old the are
    1) no 2 19 inch serial no. T5604 under lever
    2)no 1 177 17 inch serial no l 26454 under lever

many thanks

PETER SMIT

• Malcolm Baines says:

You can google John Knibbs and get his phone number. He has the original manuals for these guns. He charges £25 for the service which he donates to a charity.

4. vincent oreste says:

I have a BSA AIR RIFFLE SERIAL NO. S 76009 PAT. 8246/06 DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE YEAR ? AND WHAT IT’S WORTH FARE TO GOOD COND.

5. anne says:

i have a BSA 177 L30929. was my husbands fathers. can someone tell me what year it is and what it might be worth. it does fire and is in good condition

6. paul Nieuwenhuizen says:

Where can I find spares for a BSA No 2 Pellet gun. Please let me know with names and contact numbers.

7. juan says:

Hi. What will be the value of the BSA 0.177 improved model D air rifle?

Thanks

8. gert says:

i have a bsa air rifle improved model d. serial no 39450 can someone please help me
    with the date of manufacturing.stil in working condition.excellent look like new.

9. Willie Schulze says:

A friend of me showed me air rifle which seems to me to be and old BSA. I am not sure if it is a nr. 1 or 2. Not in good condition but the serial nr. seems to be s77741. Does this nr refleck a BSA air rifle and what could the age be. Is it possible to source spares for such. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards
    Willie

10. SYED ZAKIR says:

I have BSA .177 Air rifle with serial No 58673 improved model with Patent no 8761-04,25783-10 rd 470072, in very good working condition.I want to date of manufacturing of this model and tips to maintain this gun . I also want to know where i could get the spare parts required to maintain this gun. I could say there is no accurate and powerful air gun in its comparison.

11. Leon Maré says:

I Have a BSA serial no 60454 in perfect working condition and well looked after,could you please advise me of the manufacturing date as well as a value

12. Bill Leahy says:

I have a .22″ BSA air rifle Serial S.15547: can anyone advise the date of this gun?

• arthur spencer says:

your rifle is from 6th issue standard and light pattern manufactured between may/july 1907 and distributed between may 1907 and oct 1908,best regards,arthur.

• Jason Tonkin says:

Hi I got a numerber 2 bsa S6947 what year was it made and what is the value of it thanks waiting on your response

13. John says:

Just thought i would check out this air rifle. Looks exactly like the pics. I love some more info on this gun. Appreciated. John at ******** Vancouver, Canada

14. osama says:

I have a BSA .22 serial no.wrc3491 any info please

15. Dean says:

Hi, JP, you can get all the spares you need for your BSA improved model “D” from T.W. Chambers Gun Makers in Dingwall, Ross-shire, Northern Scotland. Go to their web site: http://www.gunspares.co.uk Regards. Dean. Johannesburg, S.A.

16. JP says:

I have the same air rifle as in your pictures but I need spares to repair it and to make it like new again. I need to know where in South Africa are spares available.

17. yudi says:

anyone can give me some information mainspring for BSA classic Call 22”.
    many thanks hope someone can help

18. Nick says:

I have a BSA .22 serial no. S319 any info please

19. GARETH says:

HI CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON A GUN I HAVE RECIEVED ITS A CLASSIC BSA 0.177 D WITH BIG UNDER LEVER BSA STAMP ON BUTT SERIAL NUMBER 21744 MANY THANKS HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

20. Photosbykev says:

Thanks for the information Neal much appreciated

21. neal says:

we have a gun dated 1913,bsa,looks like this one serial no s73582.the serial number ,when looked up in the bsa archives said it was a one off retail sale,11th of november 1913.the serial number is available.